Wednesday 20 October 2010

Creepy, even creepier at times

























One of funniest activity I resumed once I started uni again is visiting art exhibitions. Not that I did not do it at all during my resting period out of the World, but certainly now I am in a much better attitude towards it.
Talking about exhibitions, more or less a year ago I have been to a pretty peculiar one. Seriously, "marvellous" was just the appropriate adjective for it, so I went there twice, just because I could not manage to go there more often. Perhaps on the tenth time I would get slightly bored, I have to admit, but just because there were no armchairs around where I could read a book or have a sandwich.
Unfortunately indeed, soon the exhibition ended too and I decided it would have been too humiliating to keep going in front of the place, bringing maybe my picnic basket with me and settling down there for the whole day reminding myself what amazing pieces of art were there once upon a time.
And then each one of you, dear readers, can figure what a breathtaking emotion I felt when I found out that organization was in the making of a new one! What can I say about it? They did not disappoint me, for sure. Now, I do not want to sound too fond of them, I just want to say it really was a bunch of good artworks, maybe they were not all brilliant or the final stage of originality, but I liked it, that is all. Ah, one characteristic of the AVA organization is the ability to choose and adapt the location to their needs: this time they used a classic Victorian house, a former Embassy, so richly furnished in the past as decadent now, and it worked perfectly.
Apparently it is all over already and it is a shame because none of you can go anymore and I will probably have to wait for another whole year to see something else by them, and this means I will need those pills to calm me down again. Damn!


I told you it was creepy

And: yes, this is a tyre

I know it seems just a big mess, but look close enough...

And this is what I meant for creepier at times


1 comment: