Sunday 10 October 2010

3. Nf3 d5

"It's alive!"
Honestly, I hate contradictions and incoherence. So, having anticipated I was going to talk about one of my favourite artists on my third (ever) post, I decided to leave that for later and move on.
What else is at stake then? Last Friday Narrative Workshop, of course. ...Too many capitals for one sentence, indeed...
"Back in business" - just like old mate Gekko recently has been heard saying, it seems - after a long, pleasant, battery recharging period out of the real world made of responsibilities/duties/expectations, as everyone knows it. Playful time, smooth approach, I would say, to the toughest tasks in communication: creating a narrative that actually makes sense to the designer's audience, either a generic or targeted one.
First step: it is all fun. Keeping to know each other, facing quietly David's language and methods, starting to make our hands dirty on paper and glue, as we will do countless times during the next two years. Meaningful. Someone comes across a completely new thing, someone else shows understanding, few more ones start showing off their raw potential. Maybe a bit too much showing off...? No, perhaps just right, I would not expect anything less from this kind of environment, though.


"I like work: it fascinates me.
I can sit and look at it for hours."
Jerome K. Jerome

1 comment: