Tuesday 2 November 2010

How to disappoint myself, the easy way

"Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life: for there is in London all that life can afford."
Samuel Johnson
Easy to guess, what you dear readers can see just above is the application of a huge step in technology that makes everyone's life better and way easier and most of my precious Photoshop skills utterly useless and consequentially worthless, nevertheless I love it. Lazy people of the World, stand up and clap your hands to the Photomerge function!
What you can also see right above is part of the result of a two hours session of photography I generously granted myself today in the surroundings of my beloved home. Having blamed myself - and of course mostly my sweet partner - in the last two weeks, at least, for owning an apparently great digital camera and leaving it to collect dust in some remote corner of our room, I eventually remembered to take it with me today when I stepped out for a walk. Predictably enough, the weather was not any good as it was instead in several recent days, in which I forgot the camera home ending up swearing consistently against my outstanding stupidity.


























Fair enough, I could still cope with the seriously awful natural light of a shady day, not bright, not dark, just bad. Basically that kind of light that would piss off every even slightly experienced photographer. Not to mention my lack of knowledge of the set-ups of the camera itself, having used it probably just twice before and got away both times out of plain luck. On top of those tiny details, I should probably say I was not in the mood at all to take pictures, not properly concentrated on the task and annoyed already by the look of my designated subjects, mostly trees, which were gloriously showing their best autumn colour variations just few days ago, and today were almost bare, being so late in the season.




















None of the previous issues discouraged me anyway and I went on with the plan.
I have even been quite lucky about the location, noticed some very interesting spot and had plenty of time. And I even found the one an only not hyperactive and overanxious squirrel in the UK, I guess, which allowed me to take around 15 close ups of it!
Final result: 162 pictures of which barely ten are decent...





Just to take a look a little closer

No comments:

Post a Comment