Sunday 6 March 2011

Compressing five weeks in few lines

First stage

























So the ISTD project started apparently well, at least I thought it did. Well, I was wrong.
I still have to say that I enjoyed every bit of it, studied typography as much as I could, went mad for grids, got some very interesting idea... Unfortunately though, my tutors did not seem quite pleased with whatever I was doing at each single step of the work. At first my design process was upside-down, because I quickly had strong ideas about formats. Afterwards I was not going around all the time with my research to visually back up my development. Then I was not experimenting enough. Soon after that, I went too far in experimentation, so I should revert back to something more conventional.
This is pretty much what actually happened. The result of all of it has been that I got quite stressed and I produced a very dull outcome, in my opinion.
What did I learn then? To follow my own judgement much more, stop giving limits to myself, listen to tutors less and less - they are not telling me what to do, they are giving hints out of their own opinion, nothing more and nothing less. It took me a seriously long time to get it, but hopefully this time I will stuck with it.

Second stage, kind of...




First experiment, failed


Second experiment, crazy but interesting
"Offensive" development...
Back to the first stage, updated
Last stage, the dull book

No comments:

Post a Comment