Sunday 7 November 2010

FdA works: Feeling like in a tailored suit




















I remember a Mastercard TV advert of the "priceless" series which was going more or less like this:
at 25 a man (a bourgeois/middle class man) desires a good suit;
at 40, he (the bourgeois again/upper middle class man now) grows to desire a tailored suit;
at 50, to not wear any suit anymore (really top class, eventually).
Apart from carrying a lot of meaning, in my personal idea, it makes me think about tailored suits, which, by the way, I would love to wear. The closest thing to them as feelings it can give to me that I came across recently is the first assignment of this term: an advertisement for a global corporation targeting 5-10 years old children through the message "Be more confident". To be concise:
global corporations make me shiver in disgust;
in my opinion, advertising that targets/uses children is simply immoral and, just to say, I find children really annoying;
the message itself sounds terribly empty to me, kind of a deep void.
I am confident this is going to be amazing!
The research workshop to introduce the assignment was actually pretty good fun. I liked the group I will work with for the next weeks and we enjoyed our time and did quite well along the day. The hints given us by the workshop itself were definitely useful, first of all making completely clear what we have to deal with from now on.





















Outcome of the first week in the job: ...! It will get better, I am sure it will... soon...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to have such positive and motivated people in my group! 8)

    ReplyDelete